Sunday, August 25, 2013

Recipes

Well, the time has come for me to begin putting together JOJ issue seven! My, how time does fly!

I’d like to thank each one of you for your support these last few months. I’d especially like to thank those who said they’d be willing to write for us—Bonnie, Cosette, Andrea, Rhoda and Rosie. I’m feeling very blessed by your willingness to write. Thank you SO much!

But most of that is beside the point. Today, I’m wondering if some of you others might not mind helping? I know we’ve done this before, but it never hurts to do a re-run. :) In this issue, we’d like to have a recipes page. Would you mind sharing a recipe with us to put in it? It doesn’t have to be any fancy recipe, just one that you enjoy making and others might as well. If you’d like to share one with us, comment below or you could fill out this form. :)

The more entries the better because that means that we can spread them out over more magazines! :)

Again, thank you so much for each word of encouragement you drop our way. I pray that you are encouraged as well! :)

God bless!
Esther

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! :) I'm very excited to help out...:D (Thanks for letting me, Rachel and Esther!)

    Here is one of our family's "famous" recipes that (if I may say so myself) is *really* good:

    Frito Salad

    Ingredients:
    -1 head of lettuce
    -1 jar of bacon pieces
    -1 c. of mozzarella cheese
    -1 c. of cheddar cheese
    -1/2 bag of Fritos - broken
    Add all of these together except the bacon pieces and Fritos -- you don't add these two until right before you serve it.

    Dressing:
    -1 c. real mayo
    -1/4 c. sugar
    -1/4 c. brown sugar
    -1/4 c. milk
    -1/8 c. vinegar
    Mix all of this together, and refrigerate. Add this to the salad just before serving (after you put the bacon pieces and Fritos in).

    And now, enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...that sounds SO yummy! My mouth is watering. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow -- that was quick :) I didn't know you were on at the same time as me :)
    Anyway, yes, it is *very* good. We make it for Church every other week for the fellowship meal.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to comment. Your input is always appreciated! (Please remember that we reserve the right to remove your comment if we deem it unacceptable.)

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”Colossians 3:17 (NIV)