Monday, August 12, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies :)

source


Recently, I found a new recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies, and since, I enjoy trying new recipes, not to mention I love chocolate, I just had to try it. :) It especially appealed to me, because it said they were soft and moist. Chocolate, and cookies that are soft, and moist?! This sounded great. :D Plus, the recipe for CCC that we have used quite a bit of butter and Crisco, and these didn't have near as much. 


It had 2 ingredients in it that I had never heard of as being in cookies before. You know what they were? Cream cheese, and cornstarch! 


So I tried it, and they were delicious!! :D The first time I made them, I couldn't find the cornstarch, so I used Glucomannan Powder. (A natural thickener, that we occasionally use.)  The second time I made them, I used cornstarch, which Mom had found. =D We (Mom and I) both thought that the first batch (with the Glucomannan) was softer than the one with cornstarch. But both ways were delicious =D 

Now after my ramblings...here is the recipe for you to try! =D Hope you enjoy!

(PS: My changes/notes are in italics/parentheses.)


~Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies~  (Source)

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened (I used salted butter, and didn't add any extra salt.)
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened (use cream cheese in a block or spreadable, don't use fat-free, light or whipped)
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch (Or 
Glucomannan powder. I know we didn't use 2 teaspoons, we used much less.)
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
1 to 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (We just had chips, and they worked fine. Although, I think the chucks would be great! =D )

DIRECTIONS:

  1. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until well-creamed, light and fluffy.
  2. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, optional salt, and mix until just combined, about 1 minute.
  3. Add chocolate chips and/or chunks, and beat momentarily to incorporate, or fold in by hand.
  4. Using a 2 inch cookie scoop, form heaping mounds. Place mounds on a large plate, flatten mounds slightly with your palm, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 5 days, before baking. Do not bake with warm dough because cookies will spread and bake thinner and flatter. (If I remember correctly, I did not refrigerate my dough, and the cookies were fine.)
  5. Preheat oven to 350 F (about 177 C) spray your baking sheet with cooking spray or butter and place mounds on baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set, even if slightly under cooked, pale and glossy in the center. (I had to bake mine for a little longer, just bake then according to your liking.)  Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a little before removing and transferring to a rack to finish cooling.
  6. Enjoy your cookies! Let me warn you, they disappeared FAST over here! :D I think I made a double batch. :)


4 comments:

  1. Those sound sooo delicious right now :) And you know what's funny? When I saw the picture, it literally made my mouth water :D It's odd because that rarely happens. :) (?)
    Anyway, I'll have to show this to Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie- that's what happened to me! :) If you try them, let me know what you think! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh! How delectable!
    Too bad we are on a 'chocolate freeze' due to eczema in the family. :)

    It looks like a great cookie to make for birthdays, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel--that looks SO yummy! Do you have the THM book? In there, there's a recipe for skinny chocolate...SO yummy and healthy! What I've been doing sometimes is replacing half the coconut oil with cream, and then putting it on a plate in the freezer to harden. That would make the perfect chocolate chunks for this recipe! :) (well...only if you like dark chocolate, that is. :))

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to comment. Your input is always appreciated! (Please remember that we reserve the right to remove your comment if we deem it unacceptable.)

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”Colossians 3:17 (NIV)