Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wisdom Wednesday

explanation: a miscellaneous collection of verses, with a quote at the end.

Philippians 2:13-16,  “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Psalms 34:8,  “O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

1 Corinthians 13:12,  “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Thessalonians 2:10-13,  “Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe: As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children, That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory. For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Quote by Hudson Taylor, "I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him. I ended up by asking God to do His work through me."

Have a blessed Wednesday (or Thursday, depending on where you live)!
~Esther~

*Thanks to www.flowerspictures.org for the "Apple of Peru" picture behind the quote!*

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you put Scripture things on here Esther! Keep up the good work. And I loved that quote! God has been trying to tellme I can't do anything, not even His work, unless He does it through me.THanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to bless you in that way, Abigail! God bless!

    ~Esther

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to comment. Your input is always appreciated! (Please remember that we reserve the right to remove your comment if we deem it unacceptable.)

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”Colossians 3:17 (NIV)