Tomorrow is Rachel’s birthday!
She decided to surprise me this way last year, and then and there I decided I’d get her back this year. :) So here it is. Neither she nor I like being made a big deal of, but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to have just a little mention of the fact along the way.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RACHEL!
I pray you’ll make many fun memories this year and have a wonderful year serving the Lord…wherever He leads.
Would you like to help us celebrate with her? I thought it would be fun if we sent her some cards. If you’d like to give her an ecard, send it to jewelsofjesus(@)gmail(.)com, and I’ll forward it to her. I’m sure she’ll be blessed and encouraged if you do!
And, as a birthday present, I thought it would be fun if we could all share at least one way Rachel has blessed our lives. I know not all of you have met her, but even through her writings I know others have been blessed.
Ways Rachel has blessed me:
• Being a loving friend when I needed one who understood.
• Being vulnerable and saying “Me too!” when discussing hard topics.
• Encouraging even when I’m not being the most encouraging person on the planet.
• Saying just the right things at the right time.
• Challenging me in my daily walk with the Lord.
• Sending me mail, even though I’ve never managed to send some back (ouch).
• Being loving and caring even though she hardly knew me.
Are there ways she’s blessed you? Share below, or through an ecard!
Rachel, may you continue to grow in the Lord this coming year, and I pray you’ll have a blessed birthday and a blessed year. Your friendship means more to me than I can say, and I am so thankful God brought us together four plus years ago! You’ve been a great blessing to me.
With lots of love,