Sunday, April 20, 2014

Faithful to Answer

The following post was written by my grandma a while ago, and I was very blessed when I read it, so I asked her for permission to reshare someday. She gladly gave it, and since I’m away this weekend on a quick 3-day holiday I thought this would be a good time to share. :)
~Esther

Faithful to Answer
By: Diane

I’ve been asked whether God really cares about us as individuals, and, if so, if He answers prayers. I know that the answer to both questions is a resounding “yes!”, but for some reason my mind often goes blank when I try to come up with specific examples. Wouldn’t it be nice to be quick with a comeback! However, when an answer came recently, I wrote it down so I could pass it along as an example.

The other day at the store when I was busy mixing bread, something came up that really bugged me. It wasn’t anything big nor especially important. Maybe you know how it goes, though: one grouchy thought leads to another, and pretty soon the grouch grows really big and way out of proportion to whatever started it in the first place. Worse yet, it is almost impossible to change to another channel. Finally, I prayed briefly, confessing that those negative thoughts were sin and asking Father to just take them and get rid of them. Wow: they went away fast! It wasn’t long before I couldn’t even remember what the problem had been (okay; I didn’t try for long, because I didn’t want to get caught in the same spiral again!), and had started thinking about what a privilege it was to be making bread from the ingredients provided by the King of the Universe. God is so good!

The next line of thought considered how this seems like such a little thing. Well, Luke 16:10 says, “He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.” (NASB) That can apply to us–but I think it also applies to our God. If we can trust Him to be interested in our little problems, only then can we trust Him to be faithful in the big things. And by the way–I have no concordance with me to help locate this verse, my NASB has no cross-references, and the verse is not in a passage I’ve memorized, so I asked Father to show me where it was. After a very little looking (like through a couple of chapters after I guessed what book to try), there it was… Wow.

2 comments:

  1. that was a really good post! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grandma is such an inspiration to me! :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to comment. Your input is always appreciated! (Please remember that we reserve the right to remove your comment if we deem it unacceptable.)

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”Colossians 3:17 (NIV)