God has been very good to us this past year. Almost exactly a year ago (it will be a year on the 13th), He led us to start this blog. At that time, there were just two writers—Tiffany, and myself. A lot has changed since we started this new venture, there has been some sad points, but over all God has ruled with grace and love.
A brief outline of JOJ’s history:
- The first magazine was published in September, 2011.
- We had published two more by June 2012, and then in September 2012 we started this blog.
- On September 13th, Tiffany posted the first post.
- Posting on here continued fairly sporadically until December 2012, when we asked for writers and Rachel joined our team (I really don’t know why I didn’t announce her myself…oh well. :)). After Rachel came along, she was able to hold up the posting part very well. I was very thankful for that! :)
- Near the end of June, Tiffany decided to leave. That left two writers/editors—Rachel and me.
- At that time, we asked for more writers. And, praise the Lord, you were there! I’d have to say—I’m feeling very blessed right now.
- Currently, there are three writers besides Rachel and myself. We have started a small Google Group, where we can write, edit each other’s writings, and encourage each other. (If you want to join, we’d be very happy to have you with us, but don’t feel pressured in any way!)
Rachel and I have both picked out a book, and we will give them away to two winners. One will get Rachel’s book, and one will get mine.
I’ve chosen Twice Freed, a book by Patricia St John about the slave Onesimus. I’ve never read the book myself, but Mum has and really, really liked it. I’ve read other Patricia St John books though, and they’re all excellent.
Rachel has chosen a surprise book. Well, to actually tell you the truth she hasn’t chosen one yet—she has several choices, and she’s having a hard time deciding. So the winner of her book will get a surprise. :)
Please enter using the Rafflecopter form below. For those who were wondering—yes, this giveaway IS open to international entries.
The giveaway will close at 12 am NZT on the 11th of September, and we will announce the winner as soon as possible.
Esther, for the JOJ team.