How can we as daughters be a blessing to our church family? I’m sure many of you daughters have asked yourself this question, as I have myself.
The purposes of these ideas I will be sharing with you are to encourage you so you can be a blessing to your church and the families in it.
1. Pray for your pastor, his family, and individual families during the week.
2. Offer to take care of a busy mother’s baby so she can listen to the message. We have many large families in our fellowship, so there are always quite a few babies around.
3. Give notes of encouragement to your friends. There have been times when I had been feeling discouraged, and a friend gives me a sweet card with an encouraging note or a scripture on it. It is SUCH a blessing and an encouragement!
4. Talk to the younger children. Make them your “little friends”. I have several “little friends”, which is really sweet. Sometimes they’ll come up and share their latest bit of “news” with me. J
5. Help a church lady at her home, with your parents’ permission. It’s a great blessing to her and frees her to do other things, especially if she has little children.
6. When a family has been extremely busy, or has had a new baby, maybe you could make them a meal! I know that when my mother had my youngest brother (and I was in charge!), several families offered to bring us supper! It was so nice and such a blessing to be able to know that supper was already taken care of for that night!
7. If your church has fellowship meals, offer to help a family with small children through the food line. If they accept your offer, you might want to ask the parents what the child you are helping is allowed to eat, anything they are allergic to, etc.
I hope that these ideas have encouraged you to be a blessing to your church body! These are just a few ideas. There are many more ways we as daughters can be a blessing to our church families!
Keep pressing towards the goal!
In Christ Alone,